Your shopping cart is empty!
Since many people, especially outside Europe, never heard about Bulgaria, for who heard about this country, it is known for its beautiful resorts on the Black Sea - clean and calm sea, wide beaches with fine grain golden sands, entertainment.
2. If you like churches, history, in Bulgaria you will see unique historical monuments. It has existed for more than 13 centuries in Europe. The monasteries are with magnificent pictures, decorations and paintings, there are 120 monasteries. The most famous is Rila Monastery.
3. 300 curative hot mineral springs, most of them converted today into modern spa resorts.
4. This small country has 7 UNESCO sites. The oldest treasure in the world (6000 BC) was found in Varna, Bulgaria.
5. Bulgaria is worldwide famous for its folklore and opera singers and musicians and it is especially proud of its rich folklore traditions. Folk dances, music, national costumes and traditional rituals have an important place in the life of Bulgarians. Every town and village celebrates Christian holidays and folk festivities in its own special way. A Bulgarian folk song flies with Voyager through the space as the best music example of the Earth civilization.
6. Well developed and popular ski resorts - Borovetz, Pamporovo in the highest mountains Rila, Pirin and Stara Planina.
7. Yogurt is the next pride of Bulgaria. Lactobacillus Bulgaricus, the bacterium that is responsible for giving Bulgarian yogurt its unique flavor and consistency, can only be found in Bulgarian air.
8. Rose Oil - The rose, queen of flowers is one of the symbols of Bulgaria. For centuries Bulgarians have planted roses, picked their flowers and extracted their heavenly essence - attar of roses. The rose, this marvelous gift of the land, is admired and used in perfumery, pharmacy and food industry.
The Valley of Roses near town of Kazanluk is one of the biggest producers of rose oil in the world.
9. The limited territory of Bulgaria offer an amazing variety of beautiful landscape and unspoiled nature – mountain ranges, some with Alpine characteristics, plateaus, huge plains, valleys, crystal water rivers, glacier lakes, ponds. Bulgaria is the 2nd country in Europe in variety of birds and butterflies after Spain and one of the richest in the world in medicinal herbs and is and ideal place for bird-watching and botanic study trips.
10. Bulgaria is well known among the Jews - Bulgaria is unique even in its recent political development. Being officially ally of Hitler’s Germany, the nation’s tzar Boris II saved 38,000 Bulgarian Jews and Jews were not sent to the concentration camps.
11. What else - tasty, delicious cuisine, restaurants with long menus, healthy dishes and good wine.